Saturday, October 9, 2010

My first attempted at fondant.....


Terrible! My first attempt at using fondant icing! I was planning on doing my wedding cake but after this attempt i think i'll have to re-consider....

I made the Planet Cake carrot cake - turned out perfectly. Then i made a white chocolate gananche and layered the cake with this and covered the entire cake so it was smooth.

I used Orchard's white fondant icing. I coloured it pale pink, the Cavey Cakes colour and started to knead it. Turned out pretty good! I had to have a couple attempts at rolling it out due to it sticking and ripping, and maybe I should have measured it as, it didn't quite cover the cake.

But once it was on i did a patch up job and it didn't look too bad. If i'd had a smoother i could have made the finishing a bit smoother so my finger prints weren't obvious! I experimented with writing pens my mother sent over from the UK and did a really lame flower.

But it is still delicious to eat and Dave and I will be eating cake every night this week. I'll just put it down to good practice...

No comments:

Post a Comment